Thursday, August 11, 2011

First Post!!



 This has been the summer of knitting hats! I've knit about a dozen so far and have two more on the needles. The first pic was a hat based on the pattern Lace Ribbon Slouch (with some modifications). The second is my own design (the pic was taken during blocking). For now I am calling it "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" after the Beatles song. I'll publish the pattern soon (as well as a couple of others- at least one of which will be free!).  So now I just have to figure out what I am going to do with all of these hats. I originally thought about donating them, but most are wool so most cancer/illness charities won't accept them usually. I could sell them but how? I don't know yet. I will post details about the patterns when they are ready (I need to get them tested by someone other than me first). I will probably post them either here or on Ravelry.
 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!! My daughter is a huge fan of the BEATLES work, this could be a great Christmas accessory... I'm knitting her a sweater.... Decisions decisions...I'm up to my 4th sweater so far, the first was a birthday gift the other, Christmas gifts...huge family here, I'm not close to done!

    ReplyDelete