Thursday, November 29, 2012

Long Time Coming

It's hard to believe it has been almost one year ago exactly that I last posted. The downside of studying abroad and senior year, I guess. I have patterns for a hat, shawl, and a cowl that should be available once I get the chance to write them up and knit decent test samples. The hat and cowl patterns, Ludi and Putnam respectively, will be available most likely in late December when I have a chance to finish the samples and take pictures. I wonder if I could convince a friend to pose for them...

I took advantage of the Cyber Monday sale at Knit Picks. I have this idea for a baby blanket with a little bit of intarsia on it. It would be the silhouette of a baby on a tricycle following by it's parents on bikes. Considering I am related to so many cyclists, I figure it will be perfect for whoever has a baby first. I ordered a bunch of Basalt and Green Tea Simply Cotton Worsted that they had on sale for 50% off. Crossing my fingers that they can fill it!  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you were dealing with a busy work load there and still maintaining your creativity, I admire that... Years ago when i was in college for Nursing, my stress relief was knitting/crocheting mindlessly, I would call my blank lets, my stress relievers and at that time in my life I didn't know how to read charts or know the abbreviations... It was great beginner practice, and it gave me great hand control, and gain speed...MIT definitely relieves stress while in college, as a RN I'd like to start a knitting as therapy in our towns local H.S. Prior to their them graduating,I think it would be awesome for young men and ladies to have this as a stress outlet when gong off to college,,or just starting out into adulthood. It's creativity they can harness and express as well in a great positive too!

    ReplyDelete