Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Hat a Day





Apparently, I really am on a hat kick. I have made three hats in three days... well technically the last one was finished on the fourth morning, but that was just weaving in the ends as I couldn't find my yarn needle the previous night. I've been trying to come up with hat patterns that will fit a bunch of different head sizes without feeling tight. Here is the hat I just finished:

The pattern is one I used for Jason's Christmas present a few years ago. It was originally going to be part of my donation to the Cancer Care hat drive, but I started to run out of yarn and had to decrease rapidly in order to finish, resulting in a hat that is a bit too short. Since Lauren has a hard time finding hats that don't cover her eyes, I decided to give the hat to her instead. The non-shortened version of this hat pattern is available on the side bar under "Jason Hat." Both this hat and Venetia will be done again in some Red Heart Soft that I have been trying to use up and donated.

No comments:

Post a Comment