Monday, August 26, 2013

Venetia will be available tomorrow (8/25)!





Venetia will be released on Ravelry and Etsy tomorrow in my pattern stores! Remaking this hat is the most fun I've had knitting in a while- it was a relatively quick knit (about 5 hours) and the pattern isn't repetitive, so I didn't get tired of it. And I've discovered that it works up surprisingly well as both a beanie and a beret, depending on the needles used. Here are the two versions:

Beret

Beanie  
One of my testers discovered by accident that if you skip the increase round and only repeat the cable pattern 4 times, it works out as a good fit for a child. The beanie fits an average woman's head (20-22"), but if you use larger needles, both hats could fit larger head sizes.


As a bonus: here is a pic of my reversible Drum Beat Cowl and Scarf pattern that will be released in mid September.

No comments:

Post a Comment