Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Lady Danbury

I based this baby blanket on Lady Danbury, one of my favorite literary characters. She is the awesome old lady who frequently appears in Julia Quinn's novels set in Regency England. Although an elegant and bold woman on the outside (stylish, but loves being old since it allows her to say whatever she wants and hit people with her cane and no one can do anything about it), she has a romantic and loving heart. She is a devout matchmaker, constantly trying to get her favorite people together, and doing her best to boost the confidence of those who need it.



Hence, a baby blanket that is less complicated than it looks, yet bold and romantic. I just started testing on it over at the Free Pattern Testers group on Ravelry. Yes, I know it needs better pictures. I'm hoping to release the pattern by late August 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment