Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Undecided Sweater

So I just finished this baby hoodie which I've been calling Minty (in real life the color combo looks like those after dinner chocolate mints you get at restaurants). I can't decide if I should write the pattern up or not.





I made the 6-12 month size, but in order to do the color section, I had to do it as a mosaic (2 rounds in a row are on the same side, so 2 RS rows then 2 WS rows). And that would be a bit hard to explain in written form. Plus, there is the issue of slipped stitches in cables. Technically I could just have the next stitch up be slipped, but I would actually find that harder to follow. Maybe I'll write it up as a regular cable pattern without the slipped stitches first, and then offer the colored version as a bonus. I'm thinking of writing up a chose your own adventure baby sweater. So there would be a hood, rectangular, or shawl collar options for the top and then 3 different options for the cables. I'm not sure yet. Maybe it would be better to have them as an ebook and have 3 different patterns where you could mix and match the elements from each.

I did decide to not publish the baby hat patterns mentioned in the previous post. I'm just not sure how tall a baby's head is and the measurements I'm finding are decidedly unhelpful. They all include a folded brim but do not specify how much is folded up so I would know how much to subtract.

No comments:

Post a Comment