Saturday, July 20, 2013

Novem/Linked/Whatever I Decide to Call It Hat

So I finally got around to writing up this pattern, which has been sitting on the Coming Soon list for about 2 years at this point. This hat was probably one of the first I ever designed by myself. Yet I still can't pick out a good name.


I was surprised by how well I remembered the construction (and yes, I realize that in the best picture I have of it, I have my eyes closed). It was relatively quick to write up, at least compared to my most recent pattern writing experience. I had forgotten how enjoyable it is to write a simple pattern where I didn't have to worry about grading or numerous charts. Instead, there are two charts, and I remembered ahead of time to change the names of some symbols, so I didn't have to manually do it later for the written portions. I'm waffling between having it be a free pattern and selling it for $1.50 - $2.00. It's simpler that the other hats I have for sale, so I wouldn't charge as much for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment